Saturday, May 8, 2010

Inspiration comes in many disguises…

Inspiration comes in many disguises…
When I draw or sketch up my ideas for orders I feel very capable of handling my pencil or pencils.  In my head I say, “Amy you can SO do this and it will be awesome!”  However, the closer it gets to the time to begin working I start stressing NOT SCREWING IT UP!  Normally I consider myself pretty talented and artistic, a “free spirit”. (Nearly, I do like to shower and shave…)  Anyway back to my stressing, I start doubting what I can do and sometimes I even start formulating excuses to give the customer as to why I can’t do it.  (The excuse that I spotted Bigfoot in my backyard is totally buyable.) 

Ok back to the blog.  I am stressing and plotting my escape route when it dawns on me, “HEY what about a glass of wine!”  Of course I fall to the peer pressure because my inner dialogue is so charming and convincing. 

Drinking the wine while I decorate does help to ease the stress.  It allows me to relax and “become 1 with the pastry bag”.  Now I just have to figure out how to justify waking up with the pastry bag in my bed… Dedication maybe?  

No comments:

Post a Comment