Saturday, February 6, 2010

Love is in the air!
I am pretty proud of these cookies.  I wanted to try out my flower cookie cutter and I was bound and determined to use it!  SO I set about trying to come up with a design that would let me achieve this.  I knew that I wanted to use black, white, and red because those 3 colors are amazing together.  I was a bit concerned because black is such a hard color to get right for me.  The design that I sketched, that only one other person knows about and she ain't talking, just would not work out.  I am going to have to keep working on that one.  Stay tuned!  
So after the 3rd try at the other design I knew I had to come up with something else fast.  I got to thinking about the client the cookies were for and decided polka dots were fitting.  Presto!  Here they are.
The cookie is a cinnamon allspice cookie and the icing is royal icing.  I rolled the cookies a little thicker because they felt like they needed the weight.
I am pretty happy with these lil darlings!    

No comments:

Post a Comment